Audio Arcadia’s General Fiction
Short Story Competition
Ends 31st December 2018
The ten winning stories will be published as a paperback and eBook and made available for sale on Lulu, Amazon and other relevant retail websites.
Each winner will receive a royalty percentage of total net monthly sales.
The closing date for this competition is 31st December 2018. Submissions received after that date will not be eligible for consideration.
The names of the winners will be published on this website on 21st January 2019. Neither the judges nor Audio Arcadia will enter into any correspondence with entrants regarding the final decision of the judges or give advice as to content of the work submitted.
Each submission to be accompanied by an entry fee made payable to “Rickshaw Productions Limited” (using one of the PayPal buttons below – select your currency). Entry fee for one submission is charged at either GBP5.50, USD8.50 or Euros 7.50. There will be no refunds. You may submit as many entries as you wish. Each entry to be accompanied by a separate payment.
Acknowledgement of submissions received will be sent by email only.
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be aged 18 plus.
- The stories must be typed in grammatical English. Spacing is not important.
- The stories must be general fiction.
- The total number of words not to exceed five thousand.
- Each story must contain the name, address, email address and telephone number of the entrant. Please ensure that you include the title of your story on this sheet.
- All contact details will be retained confidentially by Audio Arcadia and will not be passed on to any other third parties without the prior permission of the entrant.
- The work submitted must not be in breach of contract with any third party and you, as the entrant, must be the copyright holder of the work.
- Manuscripts will not be returned. It is important that entrants keep a copy of their submissions.
- Submissions must not be offensive, explicit, or of an erotic nature.
- Each entry to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and attached to the email as a “WORD” document. Mark this email “For the attention of the Editor”.
- Please ensure that you re-read these Terms and Conditions from time to time as they may change slightly.
- Payment for each submission to be made using one of the PayPal links below to suit your currency:
Entry Fee in GBP
Entry Fee in USD
Entry Fee in EUR
Previous short stories that have been winners in our competitions are published in our paperbacks entitled AN ECLECTIC MIX (VOLUMES 1-7), ON ANOTHER PLANE and CYBER PATHWAYS – available from Amazon websites and www.lulu.com