Here are the winning names for AudioArcadia.com’s Short Story and Poetry competition which ended on 31st December 2019. These entries will be published in paperback format and will be available this Spring on www.lulu.com and Amazon websites. Please email email@example.com if you require further information about our competitions or our publishing service.
SHORT STORY WINNERS: M. Chambers (The Strawberry Boy), Alex Dawes (Rogue Wave), Richard Garcka (The Celchyth Diversion), Mark Gee (Memorial Park), Pratip Sen Gupta (Bounty), Andrew Hibbert (Tani-San and the Obvious Fact), Barry Litherland (Billy Brambles), Paul O’Meara (Two-Hour Window), Bryan Smith (A Risk of Signing Away the Future), Carla Vlad (Blue)
POETRY WINNERS: Gary Everington (The Magpie), Martin Leyland (Lovers), Pierce Logan (Surrealism), John Sandry (You Do Enough)
Audio Arcadia’s Short Story Competition ends 30th June 2020
AudioArcadia.com will donate GBP1.00 per entry to the Medical Imaging Department at the William Harvey Hospital in Ashford, Kent, England.
Ten short stories (one short story per entry of not more than FIVE THOUSAND words) will be chosen as winners; these winning stories will be published in paperback and offered for sale on Lulu, Amazon and other relevant retail websites.
Each winner will receive a royalty percentage of total net monthly sales.
The closing date for this competition is 30th June 2020. Submissions received after that date will not be eligible for consideration.
The names of the winners will be published on this website on 20th July 2020. Neither AudioArcadia.com nor the judges will enter into any correspondence with entrants regarding the final decision of the judges or give advice as to the content of the work submitted.
Each submission to be accompanied by an entry fee using one of the PayPal buttons below (select your currency). Entry fee for one submission is charged at either GBP 6.50, USD 9.50 or Euros 8.50. There will be no refunds. You may submit as many entries as you wish; each entry to be accompanied by a separate payment.
GBP1.00 per entry will be donated by AudioArcadia.com to the Medical Imaging Department at the William Harvey Hospital in Ashford, Kent, England, UK.
Acknowledgement of submissions received will be sent by email only.
Please ensure that you re-read these Terms and Conditions from time to time as they may change.
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be aged 18 plus.
- The short stories to be typed in grammatical English. Spacing is not important.
- You may submit as many short stories as you wish providing each entry is no longer than FIVE THOUSAND words; each submission must be accompanied by a separate payment.
- Each submission must contain the name, address, email address and telephone number of the entrant. Please ensure that you include the title of your short story and poem on this sheet.
- All contact details will be retained confidentially by AudioArcadia.com and will not be passed to any third parties without the prior permission of the entrant.
- The short story submitted must not be in breach of contract with any third party and you, as the entrant, must be the copyright holder of the work.
- Short stories will not be returned. It is important that entrants keep a copy of their submissions.
- Submissions must not be offensive, explicit, or of an erotic nature.
- Each entry to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and attached to the email as a “WORD” document. Mark this email “For the attention of the Editor”.
- Payment for each submission to be made using one of the PayPal links below to suit your currency:
Entry Fee in GBP
Entry Fee in USD
Entry Fee in EUR
Previous short stories which have been winners in our competitions are published in our paperbacks entitled AN ECLECTIC MIX (VOLUMES 1-9), ON ANOTHER PLANE, CYBER PATHWAYS, ZONAL HORIZONS and SPATIAL ZONES – available from Amazon websites and www.lulu.com