Audio Arcadia’s Short Story and Poetry Competition ends 31st December 2019
Entrants must be members of the
University of the Third Age (U3A)
Fifteen short stories and poems (one short story per entry of not more than five thousand words; poems, if submitting more than one per entry, not to exceed five thousand words) will be chosen as winners; these will be published in paperback and offered for sale on Lulu, Amazon and other relevant retail websites.
Each winner will receive a royalty percentage of total net monthly sales.
The closing date for this competition is 31st December 2019. Submissions received after that date will not be eligible for consideration.
The names of the winners will be published on this website on 20th January 2020. Neither the judges nor AudioArcadia.com will enter into any correspondence with entrants regarding the final decision of the judges or give advice as to content of the work submitted.
Each submission to be accompanied by an entry fee using one of the PayPal buttons below (select your currency). Entry fee for one submission is charged at either GBP5.50, USD8.50 or Euros 7.50. There will be no refunds. You may submit as many entries as you wish; each entry to be accompanied by a separate payment.
Acknowledgement of submissions received will be sent by email only.
AudioArcadia.com will donate a percentage of each payment received to the Medical Imaging Department of the William Harvey Hospital in Ashford, Kent, England.
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be aged 18 plus.
- The short stories and poems must be typed in grammatical English. Spacing is not important.
- You may submit as many poems per single entry as you wish, providing the total number of words does not exceed five thousand.
- Only one short story can be submitted per single entry, not to exceed five thousand words.
- Every submission must be accompanied by a separate payment.
- Each submission must contain the name, address, email address and telephone number of the entrant. Please ensure that you include the title of your short story and poem(s) on this sheet.
- All contact details will be retained confidentially by AudioArcadia.com and will not be passed to any third parties without the prior permission of the entrant.
- The short story and poem(s) submitted must not be in breach of contract with any third party and you, as the entrant, must be the copyright holder of the work.
- Short stories and poems will not be returned. It is important that entrants keep a copy of their submissions.
- Submissions must not be offensive, explicit, or of an erotic nature.
- Each entry to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and attached to the email as a “WORD” document. Mark this email “For the attention of the Editor”.
- Please ensure that you re-read these Terms and Conditions from time to time as they may change slightly.
- Payment for each submission to be made using one of the PayPal links below to suit your currency:
Entry Fee in GBP
Entry Fee in USD
Entry Fee in EUR
Previous short stories that have been winners in our competitions are published in our paperbacks entitled AN ECLECTIC MIX (VOLUMES 1-8), ON ANOTHER PLANE, CYBER PATHWAYS, ZONAL HORIZONS and SPATIAL ZONES – all available from Amazon websites and www.lulu.com